AdWords for Addiction Centers (part 4 of 7) Google’s Local-3 Pack Edition
We began this guide with a simple question:
Has your addiction/rehab center cracked the code on generating highly qualified intakes since the shift in Google AdWords and recent changes in organic?
If your treatment center allocated its marketing dollars into one channel, it may be missing lead generation potential. Given how quickly changes occur both in addiction treatment and digital marketing, one cannot count on a single channel alone to drive a center’s leads.
Instead, lead flow diversification is key to a sustainable addiction center lead generation strategy that can adapt to keep up with the changing digital marketing landscape. In part 4, we discuss Google’s Local-3 Pack, and how your addiction facility can gain visibility with intakes seeking treatment in your immediate area using this powerful channel.
Within this spotlight on the Local-3 Pack, you’ll learn:
- What Google’s Local-3 Pack is
- 3 tactics your addiction/rehab center can take to appear within the Local-3 Pack
So, what is the Local-3 Pack?
Let’s do a little show, not tell on this one.
Google’s Local-3 Pack displays the most relevant local result based on the physical location where the user conducted the search. In this case, I typed in the query “restaurants near me”. I was served with the top three local restaurants which included reviews, price ranges, and street addresses.
Last week, Google announced its mobile-first index update, where it will prioritize and index content appearing on mobile ahead of desktop. Meaning, mobile traffic will only continue rising year over year, and your addiction treatment center can make the most of this shift in user preference by setting itself up to appear in as many Local-3 Pack results as possible.
3 Tactics to take to Appear in Local-3 Pack Results
- Claim and Cite Your Facility’s Name, Phone Number, and Address on Google+, Google My Business and in Directories: In local SEO, consistency is key. Search engines place emphasis on serving users accurate, consistent information, and won’t serve someone a result if conflicting business information exists across the web. To ensure this doesn’t happen to your addiction treatment center, make sure your Google+ profile is claimed, and that all the information within the profile is up-to-date. Your treatment center should double-check its Google My Business presence to ensure the accurate name, address, phone number (NAP) and other pertinent business details are included and consistent. Beyond that, check both directories and aggregators to make sure your facility isn’t displaying any info that’s out of place or out-of-date.
- Regularly Check Reviews (be a star): Warren Buffet claims, “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.” According to Review Trackers Online Reviews Report, 80% of consumers say the star ratings they trust the most have a rating of 4.0 or higher. So, reputation matters, especially for addiction center lead generation purposes. The better the reputation, the more likely your facility is to receive a call or inquiry from a prospective intake. Research from the same report found that 94% of people agree that seeing negative reviews online convinced them to avoid reaching out to a business. Given the nation’s attention to the opioid epidemic, and factoring in the previous stats, it’s easy to see why having numerous positive reviews (that are a 4.0 star rating or higher), can only impact your facility for the better. The good news: reputable treatment centers with an addict’s best interests at heart are poised to reap the rewards in this area. Look to earn authentic praise from intakes who have completed a program and are willing to speak to the ways your treatment center helped them. And above all, look to edge out your immediate local competitors with more–and more favorable– reviews.
- Communicate (and Optimize) for Your Niche: If you find that your addiction treatment facility isn’t appearing in Google’s Local-3 Pack, then it might be time to give your unique programs the spotlight. Your team can do this by creating content that speaks to the specific levels of treatment your rehab center offers. Optimize for your programs, levels of care, and any co-occurring conditions your facility also treats. Take this a step further by adding both city and state modifiers to this content, so your prospective intake knows that not only does your drug treatment center offer the specific addiction treatment program they’re seeking, but the peace and solace they crave can be found locally.
What’s next in the Addiction Center Lead Generation Guide
First, Google reduced the number of businesses displayed in the local Pack from 7 to 3. What’s next? While we can’t definitively predict the next shakeup, we can say with certainty that a diversified addiction center lead generation strategy will prevent your intake staff from having hours go by without the phone ringing.
In the next installment, we go beyond Google’s Local-3 Pack to spotlight local SEO, and how your addiction rehab facility can continue today’s learnings to leverage a local advantage. If your team still has a question about Google’s Local-3 Pack, don’t hesitate to contact us. We’ll do our best to help your team find the most qualified, local intake.