The Yellow Pages Are “Green” After All

The Yellow Pages directories are more “green” than you might think at first glance. The first myth that our country is being deforested to print phone books is busted! No trees died to land that book on your doorstep! 40% of the paper used is from recycled materials, such as old newspapers and magazines that you are recycling curbside. The other 60% comes from wood chips and waste products from the lumber industry which would otherwise end up in a landfill.

The carbon footprint of a U.S. laptop is exponentially higher than that phone book you are grimacing at with skepticism. Go ahead, you can pick it up and bring it into your house with a clear conscience. I keep mine in the hall closet with the coats … and while I don’t look up things quite as often as I used to before the internet age, I do find that there are some things that are faster and more convenient to look for in that book than searching online. I’m busy. I go with what works the fastest for what I need. And now I know that my recycling is not being wasted … and I will be sure to recycle that book again next year.

The Paper Lifecycle (via YP Talk – The Voice of the Yellow Pages Industry)

The Paper Lifecycle In a recent article, we took an in-depth look into how e-waste is really complicating claims from paper atheists that eliminating print phone books alone will significantly reduce the impact on the environment (“Dirty Little Environmental Secrets Print Haters Don’t Like to Talk About”). The comparison between the environmental impact of print and digital was quite frankly startling, despite what the initial perception maybe. The fact is virtually … Read More

via YP Talk – The Voice of the Yellow Pages Industry

Read About:

  • Senior Living
  • Self Storage
  • Addiction Rehab
  • Trade Shows
  • General
  • Divider Image

    Join Our Newsletter

    Enter Your E-mail:*
    Please enter all required fields
    Correct invalid entries