Top 7 Tips to Localize Your SEO
Linkmedia 360 and LogMyCalls presented the “Top 7 Tips to Localize Your SEO” on Wednesday, March 19th. Chad Luckie, Managing Director, Digital, at Linkmedia 360 walked the attendees through the seven “must haves” or “must dos” to have great Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for your company’s website in 2014. It is always important to keep up-to-date on the latest news and changes for SEO, but there are some simple steps everyone can do now for their business to make sure they appear higher on search engine results pages.
- Schema mark-up: This is a “behind-the-scenes” code must do on every page of your website which allows search engines to understand information on web pages faster. This is especially helpful to get your company name, address, phone number and descriptions appear correctly in search results.
- Optimize location pages: Create individual pages on your website for your locations. This is especially helpful for businesses with 20 or more locations. Fill the pages with information specific to the location such as name, address, and phone number, as well as written out driving directions to your location and a complete description of the location features and services.
- Claim local online listings: This is very important and actually goes along with optimizing your location page with correct and updated information. Make sure to verify and claim your listings through Google, Yahoo and Bing. This is a free process, and could take a bit of time for the search engines to finish the claiming process, but it is very important to have your company’s correct information listed on the search engines results page.
- On-site Optimization: This is also “behind-the-scenes” work for each and every page on your website and every piece of content you create. Check your website to make sure each page has a correct URL with keywords that match the content of the page, strong Meta Title, Complete Meta Description and header tags. All of these tags need to be optimized for your content and in the correct format to help increase the pages’ search rank.
- Off-site optimization: High quality links back to your website are critical to better search engine rank. Local organizations such as chamber of commerce and local universities are great high quality link sources.
- Social and Content Marketing: Content is the most important component for the search engines. Fresh and new content added to your website, such as blogs and premium content will help keep your website ranking higher in the search engines. Content Marketing has been the big buzz word for marketing for the past few years, especially if you produce newsletters, ebooks, white papers and webinars. It is key to keep producing this content to share with your prospective clients and current client base.
- Mobile: Mobile search will be a key player in local search in the future. Mobile phone technology continues to improve and as that does, so does our need to keep mobile optimized. 1 out of 3 mobile searches have local intent compared to a 1 out of 5 searches for a desktop computer. People are searching on their phone for local businesses and then heading directly to that business.
If you were not able to attend the webinar last week, we have a link to the recording available.