The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for the growth and development of the business within target industries and key partnerships. This role reports directly to the Managing Partners and has support from the agency client services and solutions teams. A BDM will be a trusted advisor and business analyst for current and potential client partners. The BDM will partner with prospects to develop custom strategies and services to support lead-generation growth and operating efficiency initiatives by leveraging digital marketing, data science, CRMs and technology platforms.
The role calls for a high level of accountability and a focus on internal teamwork, high-quality delivery and data integrity. In a complex, ever-changing digital marketing landscape; the BDM must be able to clearly communicate digital marketing solutions and budget optimization services to prospects at all levels on the digital marketing maturity curve.
This role will support agency thought leadership initiatives through industry specific conference attendance, content and social sharing, and cross team collaboration. The BDM will contribute to Linkmedia 360’s efforts in securing new client engagements and helping the team craft winning responses to request for proposals (RFPs).
Prospecting and Partnership Development
- Serve as a trusted point of contact for inbound/outbound leads and prospects
- Ability to establish and grow client and industry relationships using consultative techniques
- Must be a strategic thinker with experience in developing and implementing conceptual, holistic client solutions that are performance based and metrics driven
- Efficiently manage a pipeline of prospects to achieve and exceed sales key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Coordinate in-person prospect meetings and travel as necessary.
- Travel time varies based on level of investment and client requirements. Typical travel length is 1-2 days.
- Must possess strong analytical, planning, forecasting and budgeting/financial skills with superior overall business management knowledge
- Ability to identify and capitalize on trends and shifts in the marketplace
- Communicate prospect business goals across the solution and account management teams to ensure budget optimization and align channel investments
- Utilize salesforce.com as CRM (contacts, SOW contracts/scope, billing, opportunities, etc.) and source of truth for all sales activity
- Forecast projected monthly/quarterly sales numbers
- Create custom statements of work (SOWs) that align with client goals, marketing service needs and budget
- Support Linkmedia 360 marketing efforts as necessary (i.e. videos, guides/whitepapers, blog posts, co-marketing, tradeshows, etc.)
- Provide new business handoff continuation for client setup, onboarding and program expectations
- Facilitate a smooth internal client handoff and knowledge transfer to the Client Services team, and coordinate scheduling of client kickoff call
- Identify and communicate the maturity of the client program and opportunities to grow client results in the future
- Support achievement of team-based goals and objectives
- Provide and receive constructive feedback and mentoring to meet individual goals and objectives
- Contribute to team member annual performance reviews and team 360 feedback
- Review weekly time tracking reports to ensure accuracy in sales activities
- Provide and receive ongoing training for tooling, solutions, account management, account-based selling, and more
- Give quarterly industry overviews to develop and cultivate vertical expertise
Digital Marketing Understanding and Application
- Strategy mindset and working knowledge of tactical delivery
- Strong project management and organization skills.
- High proficiency in usage of Microsoft Office suite, especially Outlook calendar and contact management
- Subject matter knowledge in SEO, Content, PPC and Analytics
- Solid understanding of integrated marketing components: local search (paid and organic), content marketing, technical optimization, user experience, conversion rate optimization, email marketing and automation, reputation management, social media
- Efficient with using cloud-based software, tools and workflow (i.e. Box.com)
- Continually push our strategy team to dive deeper into our reporting and draw meaningful insights that drive action (from the perspective of the prospect / client) (answer the “so what?” and “why?”)
- Support client services in account growth as requested
KPIs – Prospecting Metrics:
- Activity metrics of calls, emails, social touches, etc.
- Opportunities opened
- Introduction meeting attendance
- Opportunity time in stage
- Closed won opportunities
KPIs – Sales Operations:
- Booked vs. billed revenue
- Variance to monthly commit
Linkmedia 360 Benefits:
- Optional work from home (1 day per week)
- Flex-time (1 hour both ends of the day) (office hours from 8am-5pm).
- Try to keep it an hour either way. Come in an hour earlier leave an hour early. Ultimately, it comes down to getting your job done
- 9-10 paid holidays each year
- Employees with under 3 years of service on the team have the opportunity to use 17 days PTO • Employees with 3 years of service on the team have the opportunity to use 19 days PTO (in the calendar year after your third anniversary) • Employees with 5 years of service on the team have the opportunity to use 21 days PTO (in the calendar year after your fifth anniversary) • Employees with 10 years of service on the team have the opportunity to use 25 days PTO and (in the calendar year after your tenth anniversary)
- LM360 offers 4 weeks paid maternity/paternity leave
- LM360 covers 75% health, vision and dental plans
- LM360 covers 100% short term and long-term disability plan
- LM360 covers 100% of employer-sponsored Life Insurance ($50K Life & $50K AD&D)
- LM360 offers employees the opportunity to enroll in supplement insurance plans (Voluntary Life, Hospital, Accident, Cancer)
- LM360 offers a Flexible Spending Account
- LM360 will match up to ~3% 401k match
- LM360 offers 3 days paid Pet-ternity leave
- Full service cafeteria in building (8am-2pm)
- Workout facility in adjacent building
- Includes showers and sauna