The SEO Associate is an entry-level part-time position that supports our team and clients by executing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategies and tactics. This individual must be a reliable and dependable team player that takes pride in activating SEO and website content deliverables. Ultimately, the Associate will develop an understanding of the goals behind each of our tactics while being effective and efficient at mastering various tasks at our integrated digital marketing agency. This role calls for a self-motivated individual that takes direction well and is capable of delivering SEO tactics in a fast-paced environment.
- Publish content for digital marketing assets, like blogs and website pages.
- You’ll learn about the components that make website content SEO-friendly, and become well-versed in publishing content quickly and with attention to detail.
- Activate content through various digital marketing channels:
- Social media channels (like Facebook)
- Local directories (like Google My Business)
- Provide keyword research & recommendations based on SEO demand metrics like monthly search volume, impressions, clicks, clickthrough rate, seasonality, and historical ranking performance.
- Migrate website content quickly & efficiently during website re-designs to help us deliver high-quality websites at an efficient rate (which our client partners love!).
- Execute link building outreach strategies. Help us increase the SEO authority of our clients’ websites by reaching out via email and website forms (and sometimes picking up the phone) to relevant sources on behalf of our clients.
- Prepare audits and deliver results on Technical SEO and page speed elements. You’ll be doing weekly or monthly audits on elements that affect how search engine spiders crawl and index websites.
- Solve technical SEO problems using platforms and programs like Screaming Frog, Google Search Console, SEMrush, and Moz. Bonus points if you’re good at Excel in developing pivot tables, charts, graphs, and other data visualizations that help us break down tasks.
- Support meaningful work in competitive, challenging industries like addiction recovery, senior living, self-storage, and multi-location businesses. You’ll learn about digital marketing metrics that matter to each business, and how each of them helps drive leads, conversions, and bottom-line revenue.
- Work in a fast-paced environment and leave with a solid grasp of how an agency executes SEO tactics.
The SEO Associate will receive training in the following areas to assist with their growth and their ability to understand the ever-changing digital marketing & SEO landscape:
- WordPress training and working with other content management systems to make website updates
- Technical SEO training in tools such as Lighthouse, Screaming Frog, Google Search Console, and Bing Webmaster Tools
- On-site and Off-site SEO training in tools such as Moz Pro, Moz Local, Yext, SEMRush, Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Hootsuite, and more
- YouTube optimization best practices
- Google Analytics and the analysis of digital marketing data
- An understanding of how different components of digital marketing work together toward a stated client objective
- The Associate will develop an understanding of the basics of Analytics, Local SEO, Paid Search, Conversion Rate Optimization, Website Development, and other key digital marketing topics
Prior Experience (or relevant college coursework) – nice to haves!
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written fashion
- Ability to block and tackle a variety of different tasks
- Ability to write or edit content that is public facing
- Proficiency & consistent experience working in content management systems (CMS)
- Social media publishing and engagement with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Experience and/or certification with Google Analytics
- PPC (Google Ads) experience a plus