Senior Living Series: 5 Senior Living Marketing Ideas: Part 1
Is your community satisfied with its performance in the fast-paced, competitive senior living space?
Here’s 4 noteworthy highlights our team observed shaping Senior Living:
- The Rise of the ‘Digitally Savvy Senior’
- Shifts in Living Preferences drive the need for differentiation between: Assisted Living, Memory Care, Independent Living, Home Healthcare, CCRC’s, Skilled Nursing Facilities
- Declining occupancy levels coupled with intense competition lead the way for greater investments in technology and innovation
- Senior Living Communities are reallocating marketing budgets from traditional marketing channels to digital marketing while also tying ROI between online and offline channels
These highlights are a combination of insights pulled from meetings, conferences attended, and candid conversations. To gain a true understanding of the challenges impacting resident acquisition and overall success in Senior Living, our team went a level deeper.
We surveyed over 200 Senior Living Communities and spoke with practitioners to gain insight into what’s really moving the industry, and where opportunities for growth exist. We’ve provided a clickable cover of the Senior Living Marketing Guide below for download, where we share our findings in full.
To set the stage, we created a series with 5 senior living marketing ideas for communities to implement into their resident acquisition strategies. Coupled with the insights provided within the Leadership guide, our recommended ideas will ensure that your community is up-to-date in accordance with the industry and is poised to make this the best year for occupancy yet.
- Provide 5 senior living marketing ideas your community can implement to improve occupancy and resident acquisition
- Promote a holistic mindset for senior living practitioners to close the loop between traditional and digital (offline and online) strategies
5 Senior Living Marketing Ideas Covered in the Series
In this series, you’ll learn 5 senior living marketing ideas your community can implement to proactively impact resident acquisition and achieve the goals that matter most to your community. We’ll discuss:
- Targeting/Recruiting both the ACI and Parent to satisfy all stakeholders: It’s one of the toughest tightrope walks a senior living practitioner can undertake. We include the channels necessary to earn the trust of the ACI, while enticing the prospective resident. This section discusses the importance of balancing your ACI and prospective resident’s needs to achieve your resident acquisition goal.
- Promoting Wellness Options to build trust: Today’s seniors want more than a place to hang their hat. We provide tips to integrate your community’s wellness programs into your marketing and occupancy strategies.
- Continuing (or beginning) a Content Marketing Strategy to better engage your audience: Content is still king. We explore how senior living communities can capitalize on content. Our team provides ways to grow a content program for both beginners and communities with a consistent content marketing strategy.
- Investing in Marketing Automation to support the decision-making process: Work smarter, not harder. Learn how to leverage marketing automation as an additional salesperson for your community. We provide the various ways marketing automation integrates into your overall resident acquisition strategy.
- Marketing Your Community Experience to share what it’s really like to live there: While everyone loves stock photo imagery of an elderly person playing checkers, does it provide a true window into the daily life at your community? We provide ways community’s can use data and analytics to create real-time insights to paint a more accurate (and creative) portrait of your community’s experience.
Fill that Funnel: Make this the year of Resident Acquisition
Do the highlights we addressed align with what you’ve experienced?
Click the thumbnail above and download your copy of the Senior Living Marketing Guide. On top of additional context provided around the ideas posed in this series, your community will learn:
- An extensive review of the current state of occupancy
- An analysis of marketing budgets and allocations
- We reveal the most common challenges facing senior living sales and marketing leaders
- We share five actionable recommendations your team can implement to tackle these shared challenges while setting your community up for a winning year
We want to see your community surpasses even lofty goals. We’re here to support your efforts. Call our team, and we can set up a discussion to provide additional context where your team needs it. Here’s to turning ideas into action, and action into measurable resident acquisition!